Accelerated MST for CPAs
FULL-TIME | PART-TIME
Our courses are taught by true tax professionals, creating a unique, heavily practice-oriented program for students seeking career progression as tax specialists. You'll develop the crucial skills needed in today’s global environment of vastly diverse and highly complicated tax structures. These highly valued and marketable skills make the Suffolk MST essential for a career in taxation. MST graduates go on to work at Big Four public accounting firms, global corporations, government agencies, nonprofits, and municipalities.
While earning your Accelerated MST for CPAs at Suffolk, you’ll:
- Gain a strong foundation in accounting principles and an understanding of tax law and tax compliance
- Study from a curriculum that is aligned with professional practice, heavily based in experiential learning, and shaped by the cutting-edge industry trends identified by our Young Alumni Advisory Board
- Develop the research skills needed for effective tax planning in today's global environment of vastly diverse and highly complicated tax structures, how to use technology to analyze data, and the ability to think critically to ascertain whether a transaction triggers a taxable event
- Have the option to specialize in corporate taxation or follow our General MST track where you can customize your electives to prepare you for the CPA exam and your unique career goals
- Learn from a mix of practitioners and accomplished scholars, including CPAs and attorneys who practice in the public, corporate, and government sectors
With our flexible fall, spring, and summer course offerings, you can take two classes back-to-back in one evening. Some courses are also available online, in a hybrid format, in an accelerated format or through distance learning. If you have the CPA designation next to your name, it will take you as few as nine months to get the Suffolk MST.
Suffolk's Accelerated MST for CPAs
Cost of Graduate Study
Full-time, per year
Cost Per Credit (2020-2021)
For part-time students
Fall Semester: July 15 (International Applicants), August 15 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
Spring Semester: December 1 (International Applicants), January 4 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed application
- $50 application fee (waived for students who visit campus)
- Unofficial transcripts of all post-secondary work. Admitted students enrolling in the program will need to have official transcripts, including proof of degree conferral, on file prior to their first class
- Goal statement (essay)
- Letter of recommendation (Learn more)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic scores (international students only)
Courses & Requirements
Learn more about the classes, requirements, and different options available to complete the program.