Accelerated Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Communication
Through our accelerated program, you’ll take two graduate-level courses in your senior year and then complete your graduate studies the following year—saving both time and tuition.
Whether you see yourself writing catchy ad slogans for billboards or TV commercials or pursuing a PhD and teaching in the field, a master’s degree will put you on the fast track to your career. As a graduate communication student at Suffolk University, you can specialize in integrated marketing communication or public relations and advertising.
Admission & Degree Requirements
This program is designed to provide an accelerated path for undergraduate Advertising, Public Relations & Social Media or Communication, Journalism & Media majors to obtain a Master’s degree in Communication quickly and at a reduced cost. Students benefit from the experience of a smooth transition from undergraduate to graduate study in a familiar environment; many will be able to continue research with faculty mentors.
- Nomination by a member of the Advertising, Public Relations & Social Media or Communication, Journalism & Media Department faculty
- Junior class standing
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A major GPA of 3.3 or higher
- A completion of a minimum of four undergraduate Advertising, Public Relations & Social Media or Communication, Journalism & Media courses
- Completion of the standard Suffolk University graduate application
- Priority application deadline is March 15 of the junior year (with enrollment in the first semester of the senior year); rolling admission thereafter, on a space available basis
- Approval of the MAC Graduate Admissions Committee
Courses & Requirements
Learn more about the classes, requirements, and different options available to complete the program.