Accelerated Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Communication
A graduate degree will give you the theoretical knowledge and practical skills you'll need to connect with diverse audiences. And at Suffolk, you can earn your dual bachelor’s/master’s degree in communication in just five years.
Through the accelerated program, you’ll take two graduate-level courses in your senior year and then complete your graduate studies the following year—saving both time and tuition.
Whether you see yourself writing catchy ad slogans for billboards or TV commercials or pursuing a PhD and teaching in the field, a master’s degree will put you on the fast track to your career. As a graduate communication student at Suffolk University, you can specialize in integrated marketing communication or public relations and advertising.
Admission & Degree Requirements
This program is designed to provide an accelerated path for undergraduate Advertising, Public Relations & Social Media or Communication, Journalism & Media majors to obtain a Master’s degree in Communication (MAC) quickly and at a reduced cost. Students benefit from the experience of a smooth transition from undergraduate to graduate study in a familiar environment; many will be able to continue research with faculty mentors.
Students may be eligible tenter this program in the fall or spring term.
Requirements to Apply
To apply for this program, students must:
- Have a declared major in:
- Global & Cultural Communication
- Media & Film
- Public Relations
- Be in junior class standing
- Hold an overall GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Hold a major GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Complete a minimum of four undergraduate courses in Advertising, Public Relations & Social Media or Communication, Journalism & Media
- Receive a faculty nomination and a second recommendation (for more information, see "Applying to the Program")
Applying to the Program
The recommended application deadlines for this program are:
- For students on track to graduate from their undergraduate program after the spring term, March 15th of the junior year, rolling thereafter. Enrollment would begin the first semester (fall) of the senior year.
- For students on track to graduate from their undergraduate program after the fall term, October 15th of the junior year, rolling thereafter. Enrollment would begin the first semester (spring) of the senior year.
To apply for this program, applicants must:
- Open the standard Suffolk University graduate application.
- Consult with Assistant Dean Sharon Lenzie who will audit your academic program and advise you.
- Request a faculty member of the Advertising, Public Relations & Social Media or Communication, Journalism & Media department submit a nomination on your behalf through a recommendation form. Nominations may be submitted electronically through the online application form. Online recommenders will receive a unique link for submission. A second recommendation is required, and may be from an instructor or supervisor. Additional information regarding recommendation forms can be found on the Graduate Admission website.
- Complete your application. Completed applications are reviewed by the MAC Graduate Admission Committee.
Courses & Requirements
Learn more about the classes, degree requirements, and different options available to complete the program.