Suffolk University is pleased to offer GradGuard Tuition Refund Insurance and Student Protection Plan. This program provides students with an exclusive suite of benefits designed to help protect you during your academic careers.
GradGuard Tuition Refund Insurance, underwritten by Markel Insurance Company, will refund your family for the cost of tuition, room and board, and other eligible academic fees and costs (up to your chosen policy limits) should you be unable to complete an academic term, as recommended by a doctor, for a covered medical reason.
For complete terms and conditions of each benefit, please visit www.GradGuard.com/Insurance
The cost for this coverage, starts at $228.00 for the academic year.
Also available: GradGuard Student Protection Plan.
- Coverages may vary by state.
- Tuition Refund Insurance is underwritten by Markel Insurance Company, Deerfield, IL. Administrative office, Waukesha, WI. If a withdrawal is due to a mental health issue, a hospitalization stay of at least 24 hours, within 30 days of the date of withdrawal, is required. In some states, this requirement may be modified to a 2-day hospitalization.
- This information is valid as of March 2015. For the most up-to-date program information, please visit GradGuard.
- The GradGuard Student Protection Plan includes membership in College Parents of America. Benefits are subject to change annually. For complete terms and conditions of each benefit please visit GradGuard.
For coverage details and exclusions, go to GradGuard.
Tuition refund insurance covers
Tuition and other academic fees. Books purchased directly through the school or the loss of unused room and board costs may also be covered.
If a school provides a partial reimbursement at the time of withdrawal, tuition refund insurance will cover any remaining balances up to the policy limits for covered fees.
Tuition refund insurance does not cover
- Voluntary withdrawal from an academic program
- Dismissal from an academic program due to academic or disciplinary reasons
- Incurred a loss prior to or after the period of coverage
- Failed to attend classes for any reason
- Graduated or completed classes early
- Been inducted or drafted into the Armed Forces
- Modified enrollment status
The policy begins the first day of class and spans a traditional academic year - fall and spring semesters
Additional coverage needs to be purchased before the first day of classes
Tuition refund insurance, the right choice
College is one of the largest investments, and often is unprotected. Many times students are forced to withdraw from school for medical reasons resulting in added financial responsibilities due to the institution's tuition liability or withdrawal schedule.
Tuition refund insurance will refund lost tuition, academic fees, and other related expenses should a student need to withdraw within policy coverage guidelines.