The Global Gateway Program
The Suffolk University Madrid Campus provides an opportunity for students to immerse themselves in Spanish history and culture. Our Global Gateway Program gives a globally focused cohort of students the opportunity to experience Spain at a fraction of the cost.
Pending travel and health guidelines, this year's trip will occur on March 12th – March 19th, 2022.
Any first-year student is welcome to apply for the Global Gateway Program. The program is open to students of all majors within both the College of Arts & Sciences and the Sawyer Business School.
Students will complete an online application where they can express why they are a good match for this program. The application deadline is October 30, 2021. Following the submission of their application, eligible students will be invited to an in-person interview. Students will be notified of their acceptance into the program by the end of December 2021.
There will be a series of mandatory group meetings before and after the trip dates to inform students of expectations, introduce students to Spanish culture, and outline project goals for group presentations after the trip.
For more information, please contact us here.
- Application deadline: October 30, 2021
- Interviews take place in November and December 2021
- Students will be notified by the end of December 2021
- Confirm acceptance by late January 2022
- Apply for passport in late late January 2022 (if applicable)
- Payment due by end of January 2022
- 3-4 meetings in February and March leading up to the trip
- Travel Saturday, March 12, 2022 – Saturday, March 19, 2022
- Two meetings upon return, including presentation open to the Suffolk community
- Tuesday, September 21 from 12:30pm-1:00pm, 73 Tremont 5030
- Tuesday, September 28 from 12:30pm-1:00pm, 73 Tremont 5030
- Tuesday, October 5 from 4:00pm-4:30pm, Zoom, email for Zoom link
- Tuesday, October 12 from 12:30-1:00pm, 73 Tremont 5030