- Complete the four (4) required core courses;
- Complete the two (2) elective course requirement;
- Complete the necessary three (3) credit externship experience;
- Complete a minimum of seventeen (17) Concentration credits in required and elective courses and the internship;
- Attain a minimum cumulative average of 3.25 in Legal Innovation and Technology Concentration courses, by the time of graduation, with no grade of less than C (2.0) in any such course;
- Attain a minimum cumulative average of 3.00 (B) for the entire J.D. program, by the time of graduation; and
- Satisfy the Legal Innovation and Technology Concentration's legal writing requirement with a paper or Thesis.
As soon as a Concentration student has met these stated criteria, the student should complete and file a Notice of Concentration Completion form online. This form lists all Concentration courses taken, the grades received, the course credits received for Concentration courses and the successful completion of other requirements.
Students who have met all the criteria noted above, to the satisfaction of the Concentration Faculty Director(s), will receive a Legal Innovation and Technology Concentration certificate in addition to their Law School diplomas.
A notation indicating successful completion of the Legal Innovation and Technology Concentration will appear on students' final Law School transcripts.
Graduation with Distinction
Students will graduate with the Distinction in the Legal Innovation and Technology Concentration if they either:
- Achieve a cumulative 3.5 grade point average in Legal Innovation and Technology Concentration courses, OR
- Satisfy all Concentration requirements and complete a Legal Innovation and Technology Concentration Thesis.
- Graduation with the Concentration with Distinction will also be noted on students' final Law School transcripts.