Suffolk University’s unique Explore Europe program takes the traditional study abroad experience to the next level. With our focus on exposing students to diverse European cultures throughout their time abroad, you’ll come away with an understanding of how global forces affect the lives of citizens everywhere.
Thanks to a wide array of courses offered for students of all majors, you're sure to stay on track with your academic program. Take courses in English alongside fellow Suffolk students and others who come from all over the world, while also having the opportunity to learn Spanish through classes taught by native speakers and day-to-day interactions with locals. When you’re not in class or traveling, a wide variety of fun and engaging activities will immerse you in Spanish daily life. Join one of the many student clubs, go on hikes in the nearby Guadarrama Mountains, or explore Madrid’s many hidden gems.
Suffolk Madrid: Your Gateway to Europe
The Suffolk University Madrid Campus is a little piece of Boston in the heart of the Spanish capital. Whether you choose to study for a semester, a year, or just for a summer session, you will have opportunities to go on trips within Spain, as well as to other European capitals. Destinations vary each year, but in the past have included cities like London, Paris, Berlin, Lisbon, Budapest, and Prague. By the end of your time in Madrid, not only will you have gotten to know this beautiful city like a local, but you will have also visited some of the most exciting and culturally relevant destinations in Europe.
Why Study at Suffolk Madrid?
- We are an accredited American university located in Spain, which means the courses you take here transfer seamlessly to the Boston campus or other institutions.
- We offer a diverse array of courses for all majors. Our distinguished faculty hold doctorates from highly-respected American, British, and Spanish universities.
- Students have several options to gain professional experience, including internships at local companies and volunteer opportunities.
- Our weekend excursions to other vibrant European capitals, organized and led by the Student Life Department, bring you to destinations you’ve only ever dreamed of seeing.
- Kick off every semester with a Welcome Trip to another Spanish city to get a feel for the new culture you’re about to be immersed in.
- The SUMC staff is here to support you with anything you need while adjusting to life in Madrid, whether it be academics, housing, or even travel recommendations.
Call 617-573-8034 to reach the Center for International Programs & Services
Visit us at: 73 Tremont Street, 9th Floor, Boston, MA.
Center for International Programs
Division of Student Success
8 Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108
Contact us to learn more about a specific program, the entire experience, or with any other questions.