Associate Professor, Art & DesignSend a Message
Interior Architecture & Design
I believe that the function of education is to provide an opportunity for the potential of each student to be discovered and developed. The function of an institution of learning is to provide a stimulating and supportive environment for personal growth while promoting the highest standards of individual and professional conduct. As a teacher, I believe it is my responsibility to identify, develop and nurture the innate talents of each of my students. Ultimately, what I hope to impart is a love for the subject, a passion for learning, and an awareness of the societal responsibilities that accompany creative work.
- Master of Design Studies, Graduate School of Design, Harvard University
- Bachelor of Architecture, Cornell University
Recent Professional Highlights
- Principal, Mark Brus Architect, Arlington, MA
- 2012: Dimensions of Light, Exhibition & Gallery Talk, School of Art & Design at Suffolk University
- 2011: Sabbatical research trip to France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and Germany to study examples of architectural daylighting.
- 2011: Archival research at Barragan Foundation, Birsfelden, Germany and Fondation Le Corbusier, Paris, France.
- 2010: Instruments of Creation, Exhibition & Gallery Talk, School of Art & Design at Suffolk University
- 2009: Residential design for Nobel Laureate Paul Krugman and Robin Wells published in Design New Jersey, June/July issue.
- Member, American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Member, Boston Society of Architects (BSA)
- Member, Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA)