Cristian Chelariu, PhD
Professor, MarketingSend a Message
Dr. Cristian Chelariu’s primary research and teaching interests are in B2B marketing, channels of distribution, sales management, international marketing, and organizational culture (especially market orientation). He has published his work in Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Business Research, International Journal of Electronic Business, Journal of Business Logistics, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, European Journal of Marketing, and Journal of Consumer Behaviour. Professor Chelariu also serves on the reviewer board of several important journals in his field. At the university level, he served on the Faculty Senate (2018-2020), and on other committees. Professor Chelariu is particularly proud of his teamwork with Professor Elisabeth Wilson in launching the Master of Science in Marketing program. Throughout his career, professor Chelariu has taught undergraduate, graduate, executive MBA, and doctoral level courses. He has served on doctoral dissertation committees, and he advised graduate students international internships and independent studies.
Honors and Recognitions
- Service Award, Sawyer Business School. (September 2011).
- Emerald Literati Award for Reviewer Activity (2009)
- Best Paper Award in the Global and Cross-Cultural Marketing Track, American Marketing Association, Summer Educators’ Conference, August 2005. (August 2005).
- Best Paper Award in the Business-to-Business and Supply Chain Management Track, Annual Meeting of the Society for Marketing Advances. (November 2002).
- Editorial Review Board, Industrial Marketing Management (2009-present)
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of Business Research (2011 – present)
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing. (2005-present)
- Marketing Advisor for Restore Surgical LLC, medical start-up for surgical devices (July 2019 – July 2021, pro-bono)
- Member, Advisory Board, The Association of Romanians in New England (ARNE), a cultural not-for-profit organization. (July 2016 – present, pro-bono)
- Frequent contributor on Teaching Resources for Marketing Educators, a social media group (2010 - present)
- American Marketing Association. (1997 - Present).
- Member in the BETA GAMMA SIGMA Honorary Fraternity of Business Majors. (1996 - Present).
Recent Intellectual Contributions
Benoit, I. D., Brashear, T. G., Jeffrey, F., Chelariu, C., Shawn, B. (2019). Social Norms in the Salesforce: Justice and Relationalism. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 34(1), 49-61.
Rajabi, R., Brashear, T., Chelariu, C. (2018). Entrepreneurial motivation as a key salesperson competence: trait antecedents and performance consequences. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 33(4), 405-416.
Gregory, B., Osmonbekov, T., Chelariu, C., Johnston, W. J. (2016). The Impact of Social and Contractual Enforcement on Reseller Performance: The Mediating Role of Coordination and Inequity. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing.