Kenneth Cosgrove, PhD
Professor, Political Science & Legal StudiesSend a Message
- PhD, University of Oklahoma
- BA, Suffolk University
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX
- Ohio University, Athens, OH
- Bethany College, Bethany, WV
- Westfield State University, Westfield, MA
- Suffolk University, Boston, MA
- Political Marketing
- Political Communication
- Political Branding
Areas of Teaching
- Political Marketing
- Political Institutions (USA, Canada, Ireland, UK)
- Sports, Popular Culture, and Politics
Selected Publications and Conference Proceedings
- “GOP Brand Refresh” in Jaime Gillies (ed) Political Marketing in the 2016 US Presidential Election. Palgrave, (August, 2017).
- “The Obama Approach to Campaigning” with J.P. Lewis in Permanent Campaigning in Canada. Alex Marland, Thierry Giassan and Anna Esselment (editors). University of British Columbia Press, (2017).
- “Party Branding, Marketing and Mobilization in 2014 and Beyond" in The American Elections Contexts and Consequences at the Midterms. Christopher Galdieri, Tauna Sisco and Jennifer Lucas editors University of Akron Press, 2017.
- “2016:The Emotional Brand Wins.” in US Election Analysis 2016- Media, Voters and the Campaign. Darren Liliker, Daniel Jackson and Anastasia Veneti (editors). The Center for the Study of Journalism, Culture and Community, the University of Bournemouth (United Kingdom). November, 2016.
- “Personal Branding at the Subnational Level.” In Handbook of Political Marketing in the United States. Routledge, (2014).
- “Nation Branding in North America and Beyond.” Proceedings of the Tamkang University Conference on International Studies. Tamkang University, New Taipei City Taiwan, 2014.
- “Brand Battle” Political Marketing Group of the Political Studies Association (UK) Newsletter, University of Auckland, New Zealand, Summer, 2018.
- "Trump's Fraud Commission Should Support Automatic Voter Registration." With Nathan R. Shrader (Milsaps College). "The Hill". August 18, 2017.
- "The End of Campaign 2016 in New Hampshire." Political Marketing Group of the Political Studies Association (UK) Newsletter, University of Auckland, New Zealand, Spring, 2017.
- "Focusing Events: A Continued Look at the 2016 Presidential Election." Political Marketing Group of the Political Studies Association (UK) Newsletter, University of Auckland, New Zealand, Spring, 2017.
- "The New Hampshire Primary." Political Marketing Group of the Political Studies Association (UK), Newsletter. University of Auckland, New Zealand. Summer, 2016.
- “It’s More Than Robocalls.” Policy Options: Journal of the Institute for Research in Public Policy. Montreal, Quebec, February 2013.