Lin Guo, PhD
Professor, FinanceSend a Message
Prof. Guo’s teaching and research are in the areas of financial institutions, risk management, and corporate finance. Professor Guo has published her work in journals such as Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Financial Intermediation, Journal of Financial Stability, Journal of Empirical Finance, and Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting. She has presented her research at numerous international conferences, and enthusiastically served the profession as a frequent journal referee, conference program committee member, and an associate editor for academic and practitioner journals. Prof. Guo has taught risk management, corporate finance, and multinational financial management at the Sawyer Business School’s graduate and undergraduate programs. She has worked actively to enrich the school’s risk management curriculum and build the experiential components in her course deliveries. She has collaborated with international professional risk management associations to hold regular risk management symposia at Suffolk University.
Honors and Recognitions
- Best Achievement Award at the 2019 China International Risk Forum.
- Best Paper Award at the 2010 Chinese Finance Association (TCFA) Conference.
- Outstanding Reviewer for the Journal of Banking and Finance, 2016.
- Reviewer Board, Journal of Risk and Financial Management, 2021
- Editorial Advisory Board member, China Finance Review International, 2020
- Executive Board member, China International Risk Forum, 2019
- Track Chair, 2020 Southern Finance Association Annual Meeting
- Program Committee member, 2018 Financial Management Association Annual Meeting, San Diego.
- Program Committee member, China International Risk Forums, 2017 – 2021.
- Best Paper Review Committee member, 2012 TCFA conference.
Recent Intellectual Contributions
Refereed Journal Articles
Tsafack, G., Guo, L. (2021). Foreign Shareholding, Corporate Governance and Firm Performance: Evidence from Chinese Companies. Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, 31.
Guo, L., Platikanov, S. (2019). Institutional ownership and corporate governance of public companies in China. Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 57.
Guo, L., Prezas, A. P. (2019). Market Monitoring and Influence: Evidence from Deposit Pricing and Liability Composition from 1986 to 2013. Journal of Financial Stability, 43, 146-166.
Busaba, W. Y., Guo, L., Sun, Z., Yu, T. (2015). The Dark Side of Cross-Listing: A New Perspective from China. Journal of Banking and Finance, 57, 1-16.
Guo, L., Jalal, A. M., Khaksari, S. (2015). Bank Executive Compensation, Risk Taking and Financial Crisis. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 45(3), 609-639.
Becker, Y., Guo, L., Nurmamatov, O. (2020). Assessing Asset Tail Risk with Artificial Intelligence: The Application of Artificial Neural Network. Advances in Pacific Basin Business, Economics, and Finance (vol. 8, pp. 23-52). Emerald Publishing Limited.