Practitioner in Residence, Housing Discrimination Testing ProgramSend a Message
Jamie Langowski, pronouns: she/her, is a Practitioner in Residence at Suffolk University Law School and Administrative Director of Suffolk’s Housing Discrimination Testing Program (HDTP). The HDTP’s mission is to eliminate housing discrimination through testing, enforcement, education, and academic research. Attorney Langowski has over a decade of experience in the area of fair housing law and helped start the HDTP program at SULS. She has helped grow the program from a fair housing testing resource to a full service fair housing organization. Attorney Langowski has co-developed and co-taught multiple experiential fair housing law courses and is a frequent speaker on topics related to fair housing testing, inclusive classrooms, and incorporating Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) into course curriculum.
Prior to coming to Suffolk, Attorney Langowski clerked for a Boston civil rights attorney and served as Director of Policy and Communications for an At-Large Boston City Councilor where she worked on a wide range of issues with a focus on the environment and education. She is a graduate of Northeastern University School of Law.
- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, MA
Juris Doctor (May 2008)
- St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, MN
Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, in English Literature (May 2002)
- Jamie Langowski et al., Qualified Renters Need Not Apply: Race and Voucher Discrimination in the Metro Boston Rental Housing Market, Georgetown Journal on Poverty Law and Policy, Vol. 28(1), Fall 2020.
- Jamie Langowski et al., Transcending Prejudice: Gender Identity and Expression-Based Discrimination in the Metro Boston Rental Housing Market, Yale Journal of Law and Feminism, Vol. 29, p. 321, 2018.
- William Berman, Jamie Langowski, and Seth Urbanoski, Lingering Lead: Strategies for Eliminating Familial Status Discrimination Due to Lead Paint, 2 BEARING WITNESS: J. L. & SOC. RESP. 22 (2014).
- Jamie Langowski, Discrimination with a Smile, Pride Guide, 2018.
- William Berman and Jamie Langowski, Supreme Court Upholds a Critical Tool in the Struggle for Inclusive Communities, Human Rights at Home Blog, June 25, 2015.
Honors and Awards
Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association Open Door Champion Award 2021
- Massachusetts (inactive)
- Washington (active)