Monika Raesch, PhD
Associate Professor, Communication, Journalism & MediaSend a Message
Monika Raesch is an Associate Professor in the Communication, Journalism & Media Department. She is a native of Germany and holds degrees from four different countries, implying her passion for foreign cultures and film. Prior to joining Suffolk University she taught film and media studies in the UK. Dr. Raesch has published articles and book chapters on subject matters in film theory and teaching pedagogy.
- Executive Diploma, Chartered Management Institute, UK
- PhD, European Graduate School, Switzerland
- Certificate in Education, Plymouth University, UK
- MA, Emerson College
- BA, Framingham State College
- Margarethe von Trotta: Interviews (Conversations with Filmmakers Series). University of Mississippi Press.
- Abbas Kiarostami: Interviews (Conversations with Filmmaker Series). University of Mississippi Press.
- “Intentional Learning, Intentional Scholarship: Applying Backward Design Principles in a Faculty Writing Group”—co-authored with Kathryn Linder, Frank Cooper, Patricia Reeve and Elizabeth McKenzie; published online in Innovative Higher Education—Volume 38, Issue 3
- “Interview with Bob Rafelson”—published in Journal of Film and Video; Volume 65, No. 3, by the University of Illinois Press
- “Teaching a Class in the Form of a Movie—Class Structure that Engages All Students”—published in The National Teaching & Learning Forum—Volume 22, No. 3
- “How to Facilitate Successful Teamwork and Collaboration”—published in The National Teaching & Learning Forum—Vol. 21, Nr. 6
- “Money is a Bitch—Women, Gender and the Financial Markets in Hollywood Films”; co-authored with Dr. Micky Lee; published in Feminist Erasures – Challenging Backlash Culture, eds. Kumi Silva and Kaitlynn Mendes; Palgrave Press
- “How to study women, gender, and the financial markets: A modest proposal for communication scholars”; co-authored with Dr. Micky Lee; published in Feminist Media Studies, Volume 14, Issue 2; Routledge -Taylor & Francis Group