Master of Science in Financial Services & Banking (MSFSB)
The Suffolk MSFSB is designed to give you high-level skills in bank management and financial services management. Your classes will explore the creation of derivative products, risk exposure control, and how to market these assets to corporate clients.
While learning the intricacies of financial services, you’ll also get career development counseling and management training. Suffolk’s MSFSB program will prepare you for positions in commercial banking, investment banking, international banking, and asset securitization.
The MSFSB is extremely relevant, as major employment trends indicate growth in this profession:
- 11% projected employment growth (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- 38% greater earning potential (Georgetown analysis of American Community Survey 2013)
- STEM designation
- Affiliation with CFA
- Affiliation with GARP
Paying for Graduate School
Cost Per Credit (2019-2020)
% of Students Receiving Financial Aid per year
Average Financial Aid Awarded per year
Fall Semester: March 15 (priority), then rolling
Spring Semester: October 15 (priority), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed online application
- $50 Application Fee (waived for students who visit campus)
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary education
- Goal Statement (essay)
- Letter of Recommendation (learn more)
- Official GMAT or GRE Scores (Note: Testing requirements vary by program, and some students may qualify for a waiver)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic Scores (international students only)
Note: Students must have passed a university-level statistics course in the past five years or have equivalent industry experience.
Advising and Other Resources
Your success matters. Our Graduate Student Services team supports you with advising services and can connect you to a broad range of resources, such as the Career Development Center or the Center for Learning and Academic Success. We also offer you value-added professional development workshops to bolster your experiential education.