Master of Science in Financial Services & Banking (MSFSB)
While earning your MSFSB at Suffolk, you’ll:
- Learn from industry experts who are each a mix of practitioners and accomplished scholars
- Study from a curriculum that aligns with professional practice and is guided by the cutting-edge industry trends identified by our Young Alumni Advisory Board
- Benefit from academic partnerships with the CFA Institute and the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)
- Get excellent preparation for your CFA Exam and FRM Exam
- Develop your financial knowledge and acumen focusing your studies on the skills needed to manage in banking and other financial services
Suffolk is the ideal downtown training ground for the future finance leaders like you. Your classes are built on practical coursework that stimulates the financial conditions of today—and tomorrow—where you will explore the creation of derivative products, risk exposure control, and how to market these assets to corporate clients. While learning the intricacies of financial services, you’ll also get career development counseling and management training.
MSFSB Program Overview
Suffolk's Master's in Financial Services and Banking
The Suffolk MSFSB is designed to give you high-level skills in bank management and financial services management. Suffolk’s MSFSB program will prepare you for positions in commercial banking, investment banking, international banking, and asset securitization.
Our STEM-designated program is affiliated with the CFA Institute and the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) to provide the highest level of practice-driven insight to ensure that students are prepared for the demands of the global financial industry.
Suffolk's MSFSB is extremely relevant, as major employment trends indicate growth in this profession due to the level of importance of a qualitative understanding of risk management practices, governance structures, and regulatory principles.
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts that the need for financial analysts will increase between 2016 and 2026 by 11%, the median annual wage for financial analysts was $85,660 in May 2018
- Through 2018, Massachusetts is the state with the fifth-highest employment level of financial analysts according to BLS data
- Financial analysts with a Master’s earn an average of 28% more than counterparts without (Georgetown Analysis of American Community Survey 2015)
Are you a senior working towards an undergraduate business degree? Or a recent graduate? If so you may qualify to earn your Master of Science in Finance (MSF), or your MSF/MSA, MSF/MSBA, or MSF/MBA in as few as 16 months. Learn more about our 4+1 programs.
Advising & Other Resources
Suffolk University offers graduate students—incoming, current, and alumni—help with navigating financial aid and payments, searching for career opportunities, and building a strong professional network. Our Graduate Student Services team supports you every step of the way with various services including application advising, financial aid counseling, international student resources, and other resources such as the Career Development Center or the Center for Learning and Academic Success. We also offer you value-added professional development workshops to bolster your experiential education and other professional skills while studying at Suffolk University.
Applying to Suffolk's MSFSB
Fall Semester: April 15 (priority), then rolling
Spring Semester: October 15 (priority), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed online application
- $50 Application Fee (waived for students who visit campus)
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary education
- Goal Statement (essay)
- Letter of Recommendation (learn more)
- Official GMAT or GRE Scores (Note: some students may qualify for a waiver)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic Scores (international students only)
Note: Students must have passed a university-level statistics course in the past five years or have equivalent industry experience.
Cost of Graduate School at Suffolk
Full-Time, per year
Cost Per Credit (2019-2020)
For Part-Time students
Courses & Requirements
Learn more about the classes, requirements, and different options available to complete the program.