With a minor in finance, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of how people, institutions, markets, and countries generate and transfer wealth. You’ll also learn how to manage assets and liability and use analytical techniques to make financial decisions.
Choose from the following minors:
- Finance: A comprehensive overview of the entire finance ecosystem. You’ll get an understanding of how financial managers maximize the value of the firm, how investors manage risk to achieve superior returns, and how global financial systems interact. You’ll understand its rules and regulations and learn about institutions like the Securities & Exchange Commission and markets like the New York Stock Exchange.
- Corporate Finance: You’ll learn about the decisions and behaviors of corporations when it comes to capital budgeting, capital structure, dividends, buybacks, R&D investments, mergers and acquisitions, and how valuations of companies are determined.
- Financial Institutions: You’ll learn about the system that oversees the financial industry and the individual institutions that help keep it running smoothly. From the NASDAQ to the Federal Reserve, you’ll gain an understanding of the entities that investors rely on to keep their money safe.
- FinTech: The Finance industry is one of the largest consumers of technology, and the FinTech minor will help you understand how technology is helping to solve business and financial problems in completely new ways. The minor will also give you a background in programming and analytics.
- Investments: Options. Futures. Swaps. Stocks. Bonds. With this minor you’ll gain an understanding of all of them, how they work, and the ways investors use them to manage risk and try to get the highest returns on their investments.
Courses & Requirements
Learn more about the classes, requirements, and different options available to complete the program.