Graduate Certificate in Finance (non-business majors or general finance interest)
The Graduate Certificate in Finance uses a strong emphasis on practical application to immerse you in issues of statistics and probability in financial management, generation and use of financial statements, and bedrock principles of corporate finance.
This certificate program is designed to be completed part-time in one semester on campus. If you are interested in gaining additional short-term credentials, it can be stacked with our Graduate Certificates in Corporate Finance, Financial Technology, Risk Management in Finance, Teams & Innovation, or Global Strategy & Leadership, depending on your career interests. If you apply to the MS in Finance (MSF) degree program or another graduate business degree program, you may be able to apply the courses in this certificate program to reduce the time it will take to complete your master’s degree.
Courses are taught by leading finance faculty members at the Sawyer Business School, which is ranked among the best in the world.
Applying to the Graduate Certificate in Finance
- Fall Semester: June 15 (International Applicants), August 15 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
- Spring Semester: December 1 (International Applicants), January 4 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
- Summer Semester: April 1 (priority), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed application
- $50 application fee
- Unofficial transcripts of all post-secondary work. Admitted students enrolling in the program will need to have official transcripts, including proof of degree conferral, on file prior to their first class
- Goal statement (essay)
- 2-minute video essay in response to a prompt (Instructions and the prompt will be provided in the application)
- One letter of recommendation (Two letters required if candidate has less than 1 year of work experience. Learn more.)
- Official GMAT or GRE scores (Note: Testing requirements vary by program, and some students may qualify for a waiver. Learn more.)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic scores (international students only)
Graduate Certificate in Finance
Financial Assistance Information
Federal student loan aid may be available for this program--see Federal Student Aid for details and use Suffolk's code: 002218. Suffolk University also offers several options to help you finance your graduate studies. Learn about the discounts that may be available to you.
Visit Student Financial Services to view graduate loan and financing options.
Finance Information Request
Upcoming Curriculum Changes for Fall 2021
The Sawyer Business School is introducing important changes to our Graduate Certificates for the fall 2021 semester. Our updated portfolio focuses on high-demand skills, and will include new offerings that will get you launched in the next phase of your career even faster.
For more information regarding the new fall 2021 curriculum, please contact the Office of Graduate Admission at [email protected] or 617-573-8302.