GRE/GMAT Score Waivers
GRE/GMAT/MAT scores are not required for the following programs:
- Executive MBA
- MA Applied Politics
- MA Communication
- MS Crime & Justice Studies
- MA Global Public Policy
- MA Graphic Design
- MA Interior Architecture
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Management Studies
- Master of Public Administration
- MEd Administration of Higher Education
- MS in Accounting
- MS in Business Analytics*
- MS in Law: Life Sciences
- MS in Marketing**
- MS Medical Dosimetry
- MS in Taxation
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Radiation Therapy
Students are welcome to submit test scores to strengthen their applications, and test scores submitted will be considered in the admission decision process.
*No GMAT or GRE required for Fall 2020 – consideration is being made for future terms. Contact the Graduate Admission office for more information.
**For the MS in Marketing, students must have passed a university-level statistics course in the past 5 years (B or better), have equivalent industry experience, or have an undergraduate or graduate degree in natural science (biology, chemistry, physics), engineering, math, business, computer and information sciences, finance, marketing, or social and behavioral sciences (psychology, economics, sociology and political science). Applicants not meeting this criteria should submit GMAT or GRE scores for consideration.
Programs with Required Testing
There are no waivers and testing is required for the following programs:
- PhD in Clinical Psychology
- PhD in Applied Developmental Psychology
GRE General test required of all PhD applicants. The most competitive doctoral candidates will have scores in the 50th percentile or better in all subsections. The GRE Psychology Subject test is not required.
MS in Mental Health Counseling
A GRE is required. When applying for this program, you may be eligible for a waiver if:
- you have graduated from an accredited college or university with a cumulative grade point average of 3.4 or above (out of 4.0)
- you have graduate from Suffolk University with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above
MS in Finance
No testing required if you meet any of the criteria below:
- You have at least a 3.2 cumulative GPA
- You have at least two years of relevant work experience
- You have successfully completed one of Suffolk's graduate certificates in finance with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- You have passed level one of the CFA exam
- You have passed level one of the FRM exam
- You have passed a university-level statistics course within the past 5 years (B or better)
Applicants must meet the admission criteria for both programs. Mental Health Counseling dual-degree programs follow the test requirements for the MS in Mental Health Counseling. All finance dual-degree programs require testing unless applicants meet the waiver criteria. Visit the page associated with your program of interest for more detailed information.
For further questions about GRE/GMAT/MAT waiver requirements, please contact the Office of Graduate Admission.