Master of Science in Finance (MSF)
FULL-TIME | PART-TIME | ONLINE
While earning your MSF at Suffolk, you’ll:
- Learn from industry experts who are each a mix of practitioners and accomplished scholars
- Study from a curriculum that aligns with professional practice and is guided by the cutting-edge industry trends identified by our Young Alumni Advisory Board
- Benefit from academic partnerships with the CFA Institute and the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)
- Get excellent preparation for both the CFA Exam and FRM Exam
- Tailor your degree to one of four concentration areas—like Corporate Finance, FinTech, Investments, or Risk Management—that help you to develop your analytical skills and build your specialty experience
Suffolk’s MSF is built on practical coursework that simulates the financial conditions of today—and tomorrow. Suffolk is the ideal downtown training ground for future finance leaders like you.
MSF Program Overview
Suffolk's Master's in Finance
Suffolk’s MSF degree gives you a high-level understanding of corporate finance, portfolio management, investment banking, and international finance, among other topics. You can earn your MSF degree in as few as nine months through a customized track that lets you focus on career-relevant curriculum.
Our STEM-designated program is affiliated with the CFA Institute and the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) to provide the highest level of practice-driven insight to ensure that students are prepared for the demands of the global financial industry.
Develop your analytical skills further and gain the professional expertise that top firms demand by choosing one of the four concentrations within the Suffolk MSF program. Each of these help you gain the skills and knowledge to distinguish you from the pack with a future-focused skill set.
Learn to analyze and understand how corporate decision making drives a firm's performance and evaluation in relation to accounting, financial analysis, capital budgeting, credit risk analysis and corporate governance.
Financial Technology (FinTech)
Examine how machine learning applies to the financial industry and how emerging technology is disrupting the financial landscape.
Provides excellent preparation to analyze investments, construct investment portfolios, and advise clients on investment selection and portfolio strategy.
Master quantitative and strategic risk management skills to manage exposure to credit, market, liquidity, foreign exchange, interest rate, operational, country, and business risk.
Are you a senior working towards an undergraduate business degree? Or a recent graduate? If so you may qualify to earn your Master of Science in Finance (MSF), or your MSF/MSA, MSF/MSBA, or MSF/MBA in as few as 16 months. Learn more about our 4+1 programs.
Advising & Other Resources
Suffolk University offers graduate students—incoming, current, and alumni—help with navigating financial aid and payments, searching for career opportunities, and building a strong professional network. Our Graduate Student Services team supports you every step of the way with various services including application advising, financial aid counseling, international student resources, and other resources such as the Career Development Center or the Center for Learning and Academic Success. We also offer you value-added professional development workshops to bolster your experiential education and other professional skills while studying at Suffolk University.
Applying to Suffolk's MSF Program
Fall Semester: July 15 (International Applicants), August 15 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
Spring Semester: December 1 (International Applicants), January 4 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed application
- $50 Application Fee (waived for students who visit campus)
- Unofficial transcripts of all post-secondary work. Admitted students enrolling in the program will need to have official transcripts, including proof of degree conferral, on file prior to their first class
- Goal Statement (essay)
- Letter of Recommendation (learn more)
- Official GMAT or GRE Scores (Note: some students may qualify for a waiver)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic Scores (international students only)
Note: Students must have passed a university-level statistics course in the past five years or have equivalent industry experience.
Cost of Graduate School at Suffolk
Full-Time, per year
|Cost Per Credit (2020-2021)
For Part-Time students
Financial Aid for Graduate Study
Suffolk University is pleased to offer both merit- and need-based financial aid to graduate students—these awards can be up to $20,000 per academic year. Merit-based aid is awarded based on the applicant's academic credentials presented on the admission application. No separate application is required for merit consideration.
Courses & Requirements
Learn more about the classes, requirements, and different options available to complete the program.