Master of Science in Finance (MSF)
FULL-TIME | PART-TIME | ONLINE
While earning your MSF at Suffolk, you’ll:
- Learn from industry experts who are each a mix of practitioners and accomplished scholars
- Study from a curriculum that aligns with professional practice
- Benefit from academic partnerships with the CFA Institute and the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)
- Get excellent preparation for your CFA Exam and FRM Exam
- Take courses based on your schedule, either online or in person, thanks to our flexible program structure
Suffolk’s MSF is built on practical coursework that stimulates the financial conditions of today—and tomorrow. Suffolk is the ideal downtown training ground for the future finance leaders like you.
MSF Program Overview
Suffolk's Master's in Finance
Suffolk’s MSF degree will give you a high-level understanding of corporate finance, portfolio management, investment banking, and international finance, among other topics. You can earn your MSF degree in as few as nine months through a customized track that lets you focus on career-relevant curriculum.
Develop your analytical skills further and gain the professional expertise that top firms demand by choosing one of the three concentrations within the Suffolk MSF program. Each of these help you gain the skills and knowledge to distinguish you from the pack with a future-focused skill set.
Gain insights into qualitative risk management approaches that reflect managerial and organizational responses to operational risks, changes in politics and leadership, corporate governance, fraud detection, and strategic thinking.
Provides excellent preparation to analyze investments, construct investment portfolios, and advise clients on investment selection and portfolio strategy.
Learn to analyze and understand how corporate decision making drives a firm's performance and evaluation in relation to accounting, financial analysis, capital budgeting, credit risk analysis and corporate governance.
Financial Technology (FinTech)
Examine how machine learning applies to the financial industry and how emerging technology is disrupting the financial landscape.
Are you a senior working towards an undergraduate business degree? Or a recent graduate? If so you may qualify to earn your Master of Science in Finance (MSF), or your MSF/MSA, MSF/MSBA, or MSF/MBA in as few as 16 months. Learn more about our 4+1 programs.
- Have access to business leaders at top firms and companies during and after your studies, thanks to Suffolk’s accomplished faculty and extensive alumni networks
- Take classes when they’re most convenient to your busy life
- Finish your advanced degree sooner, and get more real-world experience to land that top job or internship while you’re at it
Applying to Suffolk's MSF Program
Fall Semester: March 15 (priority), then rolling
Spring Semester: October 15 (priority), then rolling
Summer Semester: April 1 (priority), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed online application
- $50 Application Fee (waived for students who visit campus)
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary education
- Goal Statement (essay)
- Letter of Recommendation (learn more)
- Official GMAT or GRE Scores (Note: Testing requirements vary by program, and some students may qualify for a waiver)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic Scores (international students only)
Note: Students must have passed a university-level statistics course in the past five years or have equivalent industry experience.
Cost of Graduate School at Suffolk
Cost Per Credit (2019-2020)
Average institutional scholarship
Percentage of students receiving
Advising & Other Resources
Suffolk University offers graduate students—incoming, current, and alumni—help with navigating financial aid and payments, searching for career opportunities, and building a strong professional network. Our Graduate Student Services team supports you every step of the way with various services including application advising, financial aid counseling, international student resources, and other resources such as the Career Development Center or the Center for Learning and Academic Success. We also offer you value-added professional development workshops to bolster your experiential education and other professional skills while studying at Suffolk University.