Master of Management Studies (MMS)
FULL-TIME | PART-TIME
While earning your MMS at Suffolk, you’ll:
- Learn to lead inclusive and collaborative teams, establish successful client relationships, and manage conflict adeptly with innovative solutions
- Prepare for a leadership role with our industry-focused curriculum and equally accomplished instructors and peers
- Participate in client-focused experiences interacting with real businesses, and the professionals who run them, to gain new insights in a real-world context and build your professional network
- Take courses shaped by the feedback of our Young Professionals Advisory Board, who ensures that our curriculum features the current skills and knowledge needed by managers today
- Learn tangible interpersonal skills that can be used in all business settings across a number of sectors and how personality assessments inform strengths and areas of leadership growth
Suffolk's MMS is ideal for graduates of liberal arts and sciences programs (or those soon to graduate) seeking management knowledge and skills. Whatever your area of expertise—biotech, education, healthcare, communications, design, computer science—you can strengthen your career position by adding a thorough grounding in personnel and project management. An organization is only as effective as the people behind it. Learn how to effectively manage this most fundamental asset with Suffolk’s Master of Management Studies program.
MMS Program Overview
Suffolk's Master of Management Studies
Whether you’re starting out in the job market or are preparing to move upward in your established field, you’re going to need to distinguish yourself in the eyes of employers. With a Master of Management Studies, you can develop all the skills needed to hit the ground running in a leadership role.
Suffolk’s MMS curriculum is purpose-built to teach you how to think like a leader and ground you in organizational behavior, negotiation, interpersonal skills, leadership, team-building, conflict resolution, successful management of people and projects, and to get first-hand exposure to global business practices with a required travel seminar. The MMS program prepares you to excel in a variety of leadership roles such as human resource specialist, operations manager, contract administrator, training and development manager, project coordinator, and more.
Why Get an MMS?
Career advancement usually requires more than technical prowess. Even if you’re proficient in your discipline, interpersonal skills are crucial when it comes to making a favorable impression and successfully forging connections in an organization. Proving that you’re ready to motivate, engage, and communicate with a diverse team can make all the difference when you’re looking to be promoted to a managerial role. With the Suffolk Master of Management Studies, you can develop the skills and leadership you need to manage teams effectively.
Advising & Other Resources
Suffolk University offers graduate students—incoming, current, and alumni—help with navigating financial aid and payments, searching for career opportunities, and building a strong professional network. Our Graduate Student Services team supports you every step of the way with various services including application advising, financial aid counseling, international student resources, and other resources such as the Career Development Center or the Center for Learning and Academic Success. We also offer you value-added professional development workshops to bolster your experiential education and other professional skills while studying at Suffolk University.
MMS Program Details
Fall Semester: April 15 (Priority), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed online application
- $50 Application Fee (waived for students who visit campus)
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary education
- Goal Statement (essay)
- Letter of Recommendation (learn more)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic Scores (international students only)
Cost of Graduate School
Full-Time, per year
|Cost Per Credit (2020-2021)
For Part-Time students
Financial Aid for Graduate Study
Suffolk University is pleased to offer both merit- and need-based financial aid to graduate students—these awards can be up to $20,000 per academic year. Merit-based aid is awarded based on the applicant's academic credentials presented on the admission application. No separate application is required for merit consideration.
Get Ready to Take the Lead
All Managers encounter difficult situations in the workplace. Whether it's dealing with personnel issues, team-building, negotiation, or managing difficult employees, it's important to know how to be a successful leader.
Courses & Requirements
Learn more about the classes, requirements, and different options available to complete the program.