Join a vibrant and supportive community of students and scholars who work with data to address social challenges and evaluate policy decisions. During hands-on courses, research opportunities with professors, and internships, you’ll analyze complex topics like crime, unemployment, inflation, taxes, sports, and voting behavior. Graduates from our program go on to earn advanced degrees or pursue impactful careers in international relations, finance, government, business, or public policy.
Students in our economics program will:
- Master core economic concepts and relate them to real-world events
- Learn how to collect, clean, organize, and interpret data
- Define and execute research projects
- Implement common techniques of data analysis, including visualization, tabulation, and regression models
- Apply critical thinking to economic and social issues
- Effectively communicate ideas and results through oral presentations and clear and concise writing