The Division of Student Affairs coordinates all functions of student life at Suffolk University, including student involvement in campus organizations, athletics, orientation, residence life, conduct processes, and commencement. Think of us as your conduit to access university resources and aid.
Our office strives to:
- Provide leadership and support for university-wide student affairs programs
- Support students in their intellectual, moral, ethical, social, cultural emotional, and physical development
- Challenge students to create a diverse community of mutual respect through cultural exploration and understanding of social justice issues
- Promote the common good while listening to the individual voice, encouraging independent thought and interdependent actions
- Motivate students to contribute as leaders, team members, professionals, and world citizens through experiential learning opportunities
- Utilize the City of Boston as an educational environment where learning has no boundaries
- Create local and global academic, professional, and personal connections
You may visit our office if...
- You would like to request a leave of absence or withdrawal from the university.
- You're having personal, financial, or academic difficulties, and want to speak with someone to find out what you can do and/or get support.
- You're applying to graduate school or for a job and need a letter of recommendation from the Dean of Students.
- You received a letter from the Academic Standing Committee, the Student Financial Services, or Student Accounts, and you don't know what to do.
- You've violated a policy or otherwise gotten into difficulty and have received a notice to appear for a discipline hearing.
- It's graduation time and you need to pick up your commencement materials or you would like to apply to become the student commencement speaker.
The Student Affairs Division is comprised of the following departments
The Athletics Department's programs of intercollegiate, intramural and life fitness skills are designed to offer activities that reveal sports as a meaningful component of a student's total educational experience.
The Center for Community Engagement engages Suffolk University students, faculty, staff and alumni in a variety of meaningful service opportunities designed to strengthen communities and improve the quality of life for individuals.
The primary goal of Counseling, Health & Wellness is to provide timely and comprehensive short-term counseling services and medical care to Suffolk University undergraduate and graduate students.
The Office of Diversity Services is at the center of Suffolk’s efforts to maintain a welcoming climate on campus for everyone. We’re proud to be the primary resource for African American, Hispanic, Asian, Native American (AHANA), and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) members of the campus community.
The mission of the Office of Health and Wellness Services is to assist all Suffolk University students in maintaining optimum physical and emotional health, by making available comprehensive, high-quality, easily accessible, cost-effective primary care.
The Interfaith Center is an on-campus resource helping students, faculty, and staff meet their spiritual, moral, and social needs.
The Off-Campus Housing Office (OCHO) is a resource for the entire Suffolk University community, including all current or future undergraduate and graduate students, staff, and faculty.
The Office of Orientation and New Student Programs coordinates all orientation and transition programs for incoming new and transfer students.
The Performing Arts Office works to create, support, and increase student performance opportunities on campus through its ongoing groups, various theatrical productions, and campus community events.
The goal of the Department of Residence Life and Housing is to provide all Suffolk University resident students with a community which is safe and secure; fosters academic and intellectual achievement; supports personal growth and development; and encourages community living, and appreciation of diversity.