Information for Becker Students
Like you, all of us at Suffolk University were saddened to hear the news about Becker College. You should be proud of your connection with such a wonderful institution—and reassured to know that you have choices as your educational journey continues.
Like Becker, Suffolk understands and celebrates the value of a student-centered education. We are pleased to welcome Becker students to our campus in the heart of downtown Boston.
You’ll enjoy a wealth of experiential learning opportunities here. And depending on your major, you can even save time and money by earning your master’s degree through our 4+1 Program or our accelerated programs. You’ll be a valued member of our vibrant and close-knit community, too. Suffolk has a proud tradition of making transfer students feel at home on our dynamic campus. That’s why a full 1 in 5 Suffolk students transferred here.
As you consider your future, you have your choice of many great schools in Greater Boston. We hope you will consider our transformative university among them.
- Q: Does Suffolk offer my major?
- A: Here's a list of the majors Suffolk has in common with Becker:
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Graphic Design
- Legal Studies
- Q: I was accepted to Suffolk but chose to attend Becker. What should I do?
- A: Great news: You still have time to make your enrollment deposit!
- Q: I'm a current undergraduate at Becker. Now what?
- A: We are delighted to offer guaranteed admission to current Becker undergraduates in good standing with a 2.5 GPA or higher. You won't have to pay an application fee.
- Q: I want to earn a BFA. Are there any special requirements for Suffolk's art and design programs?
- A: Our BFA programs require a portfolio review as part of the admission process. Please email Shelby Feltoon for more details.
- Q: How can I calculate my transfer credits?
- A: At Suffolk, we give credit where credit is due. We’ll make it easy for you to bring your academic credits with you. In fact, here’s a handy Becker transfer credit calculator! If you have questions about your degree, email Dan Connolly who will be happy to help.
- Q: How and when can I meet with Suffolk representatives to hear more?
- A: We’d love to meet you via zoom as soon as possible. Please email Dan Connolly to schedule an appointment. We also have plenty of virtual visit options. Take the Virtual Tour!
- Q: Am I eligible for scholarships?
- A: Merit scholarships are available. Our merit scholarship calculator can help you get a sense of your award.
- Q: Can I live in University housing?
- A: You’re guaranteed housing if you deposit by June 1. If more time is necessary, we can try to work with you.
- Q: Can I play Division III athletics at Suffolk?
- A: Yes! Our coaches are in touch with yours! Learn more about becoming a Ram.
- Q: How quickly can I find out if I’ve been accepted to Suffolk?
- A: Almost immediately, if you come to one of our several Transfer On-the-Spot Decision Days.
- Q: Are there any other Suffolk resources that can help me with this process?
- A: Absolutely. For more detailed information on admission, financial aid, and academics, please contact these resources directly: