Elena Llaudet, PhD
Assistant Professor, Political Science & Legal StudiesSend a Message
- PhD, Harvard University
- AM, Harvard University
- BS, University of Barcelona
- Quantitative Methods
- American Politics
- Llaudet, Elena and Kosuke Imai. Forthcoming in December 2022. Data Analysis for Social Science, A Friendly and Practical Introduction. Princeton University Press.
- Stein, Robert M., Christopher Mann, Charles Stewart, III, Zachary Birenbaum, Anson Fung, Jed Greenberg, Farhan Kawsar, Gayle Alberda, R. Michael Alvarez, Lonna Atkeson, Emily Beaulieu, Nathaniel A. Birkhead, Frederick J. Boehmke, Joshua Boston, Barry C. Burden, Francisco Cantu, Rachael Cobb, David Darmofal, Thomas C. Ellington, Terri Susan Fine, Charles J. Finocchiaro, Michael D. Gilbert, Victor Haynes, Brian Janssen, David Kimball, Charles Kromkowski, Elena Llaudet, Kenneth R. Mayer, Matthew R. Miles, David Miller, Lindsay Nielson, Yu Ouyang, Costas Panagopoulos, Andrew Reeves, Min Hee Seo, Haley Simmons, Corwin Smidt, Farrah M. Stone, Farrah M. Stone, Rachel VanSickle-Ward, Jennifer Nicoll Victor, Abby Wood, and Julie Wronski. 2019. "Waiting to Vote in the 2016 Presidential Election: Evidence from a Multi-county Study" Political Research Quarterly 73 (2), 439-53.
- Llaudet, Elena. 2018. "The Mobilizing and Demobilizing Effects of Political TV Ads". Electoral Studies 54: 226-36.
- Mann, Christopher B., Gayle A. Alberda, Nathaniel A. Birkhead, Yu Ouyang, Chloe Singer, Charles Stewart III, Michael C. Herron, Emily Beaulieu, Frederick Boehmke, Joshua Boston, Francisco Cantu, Rachael Cobb, David Darmofal, Thomas C. Ellington, Charles J. Finocchiaro, Michael Gilbert, Victor Haynes, Brian Janssen, David Kimball, Charles Kromkowski, Elena Llaudet, Matthew R. Miles, David Miller, Lindsay Nielson, Costas Panagopoulos, Andrew Reeves, Min Hee Seo, Haley Simmons, Corwin Smidt, Robert Stein, Rachel VanSickle-Ward, Abby K. Wood, and Julie Wronski. 2018. "Pedagogical Value of Polling Place Observation by Students." PS: Political Science & Politics: 1-7.
- Ban, Pamela, Elena Llaudet and James M. Snyder Jr. 2016. "Challenger Quality and the Incumbency Advantage" Legislative Studies Quarterly 4(1):153-79.
Awards and Recognition
- Innovative Teaching Award, Center for Teaching and Scholarly Excellence at Suffolk University (2022)
- One of three faculty members nominated for Outstanding CAS Faculty Member of the Year Award, Student Government Association at Suffolk University (2021)
- John C. Donovan Prize for Best Paper Written by a Faculty Member, New England Political Science Association (2018)
- Certificate of Excellence and Distinction in Teaching, The Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning at Harvard University (2010)
- "A Passion for Polling." Suffolk University News & Features. May 2022.
- "Demystifying Data.'' Suffolk University Magazine. Fall 2021.
- "Demystifying Data.'' Suffolk University News & Features. June 2021.
- "Cambridge Scholar Wins Award for Paper on Political TV Ads.'' Cambridge Chronicle. January 2019.
- "The Impact of Political TV Ads.'' Suffolk University News & Features. December 2018.