Student in Navy uniform taking an oath at Commencement

A student in Marine Corps uniform takes an oath at Commencement, 1969

Suffolk offers a variety of interesting and challenging programs of study, designed to fit the needs of our veteran and active duty students, and their dependents, as they plan for their professional careers.


Visit the University Registrar's Office to get started.

New Students

Upon admission to Suffolk University, fill out the appropriate benefit form and submit to the VA. It may take six to eight weeks for a response. If you encounter any complications, please contact your veteran certifying official.
When you receive your certificate of eligibility, submit it to your veteran certifying official.

Once you are cleared financially, you can register for classes.


All undergraduate students need to attend  Undergraduate Orientation.. The majority of orientation sessions are held in June. If you cannot attend one of the June orientations, please contact your VA certifying official and the Office of New Student Programs.

Graduate students are encouraged to attend scheduled graduate orientation events, which provide an opportunity to meet Suffolk faculty, staff, and administrators; learn about University policies and procedures; ask questions about financial aid, on-campus resources, and other available services; and meet fellow new students.

Suffolk Law School also offers a new student orientation during the first week of classes in the fall semester. Orientation is a great opportunity to learn about school policies and programs, expectations of professionalism, and the importance of health and wellness while attending law school, in addition to meeting new and current students. At this event, veterans and active-duty students also may connect with the Suffolk Law Armed Services Association.

Returning Students

You can register for classes during priority registration, and your registration will be picked up in Certifying Official Reports. If you register for classes within a month of the start of the semester, contact your veteran certifying official. If you need to drop a class, please contact the VA to see how it may affect your benefits.