Graduate Certificate in State & Local Government
The Suffolk Graduate Certificate in State & Local Government (GCSLG) will prepare you to serve as an effective leader within your area of operation. Go well beyond classroom learning with this unique, nine-credit program, and you’ll be ready to respond to the changing dynamics of government. The GCSLG covers a wide range of topics, including finance, human resources, and organizational leadership and change.
This hybrid on campus/online program can be completed in as few as two semesters. You can continue to build on your management knowledge by stacking the GCSLG with our Graduate Certificate in Public & Nonprofit Management & Leadership. If you apply to the Master of Public Administration program within a year of completing this certificate, and had a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA, you won’t need to take the GRE or GMAT to enroll in the master's program.
View the State & Local Government curriculum
Admission & Costs
- Fall Semester: July 15 (International Applicants), August 15 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
- Spring Semester: December 1 (International Applicants), January 4 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed application
- $50 application fee
- Unofficial transcripts of all post-secondary work. Admitted students enrolling in the program will need to have official transcripts, including proof of degree conferral, on file prior to their first class
- Goal statement (essay)
- Letter of recommendation (learn more)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic scores (international students only)
Graduate Certificate in State & Local Government (2022-2023)
View current tuition and fees for this program
Financial Assistance Information
Federal student loan aid may be available for this program--see Federal Student Aid for details and use Suffolk's code: 002218. Suffolk University also offers several options to help you finance your graduate studies. Learn about the discounts that may be available to you.
Visit Student Financial Services to view graduate loan and financing options.