Master of Public Administration (MPA)
Suffolk’s MPA is a NASPAA-accredited master’s program, making it one of the country’s top-tier degrees in public administration. Your courses take a practical, hands-on approach with case studies, guest speakers, and travel seminars. In this Master of Public Administration program, you can customize your degree with a concentration in information systems, performance management, big data analytics, community health, state and local government, or nonprofit management.
Career options include:
- Government Policy and Leadership Management
- Public Budgeting and Financial Management
- Law and Public Policy
- Public Service Leadership
- Policy Analysis and Evaluation
- Philanthropy and Media
- Public Safety
- Human Resource Management
You’ll get real-world experience, as Suffolk is located next to the Massachusetts State House, atop historic Beacon Hill. Suffolk faculty will link the analytical curriculum requirements to in-person public management practice.
Paying for Graduate School
Full-time, per semester
Cost Per Credit (2019-2020)
For part-time students
|% of Students Receiving Financial Aid Per year||90%|
|Average Financial Aid Awarded Per year||$19,788|
Fall Semester: March 15 (priority), then rolling
Spring Semester: October 15 (priority), then rolling
Summer Semester: April 1 (priority), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary education
- Goal statement (essay)
- Letter of recommendation (Learn more)
- Official GMAT or GRE scores (Note: Testing requirements vary by program, and some students may qualify for a waiver. Learn more.)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic scores (international students only)
Advising and Other Resources
Your success matters. Our Graduate Student Services team supports you with advising services and can connect you to a broad range of resources, such as the Career Development Center or the Center for Learning and Academic Success. We also offer you value-added professional development workshops to bolster your experiential education.
Courses & Requirements
Learn more about the classes, requirements, and different options available to complete the program.