MPA/MAAP Dual Degree
With this powerful pair of degrees, you will master the intricacies of public administration in a NASPAA-accredited program in the Sawyer Business School, focusing on health policy, human resources, nonprofit management, or local, state, or federal government. In our College of Arts & Sciences, you will engage the pragmatics of the political world, including legislation, lobbying, writing, and data analysis. All of it will set you up for success in roles such as municipal manager, public service executive, legislator, or cabinet-level official.
A required internship will further strengthen your skills and provide valuable networking contacts for your career.
Suffolk's MPA/MAAP Dual Degree Program
- Fall Semester: June 15 (International Applicants), August 15 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
- Spring Semester: December 1 (International Applicants), January 4 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed application
- $50 application fee (waived for students who visit campus)
- Unofficial transcripts of all post-secondary work. Admitted students enrolling in the program will need to have official transcripts, including proof of degree conferral, on file prior to their first class
- Goal statement (essay)
- Letter of recommendation (Learn more)
- Official GMAT or GRE scores (Note: Testing requirements vary by program, and some students may qualify for a waiver. Learn more)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic scores (international students only)
MPA/MAAP Dual Degree (2023-24)
Per credit: $1,369
Financial Aid for Graduate Study
Suffolk University is pleased to offer both merit- and need-based financial aid to graduate students—these awards can be up to $20,000 per academic year. Merit-based aid is awarded based on the applicant's academic credentials presented on the admission application. No separate application is required for merit consideration.
Advising & Other Resources
Suffolk University offers graduate students—incoming, current, and alumni—help with navigating financial aid and payments, searching for career opportunities, and building a strong professional network. Our Graduate Student Services team supports you every step of the way with various services including application advising, financial aid counseling, international student resources, and other resources such as the Career Development Center or the Center for Learning and Academic Success. We also offer you value-added professional development workshops to bolster your experiential education and other professional skills while studying at Suffolk University.