For parents who wish to reflect further on what it means to send a child to college, we recommend the following publications. Please visit the Publications and Resources page for more details on these titles and other texts you may find informative.
- You're On Your Own: But I'm Here if You Need Me by Marjorie Savage (2003)
- I'll Miss You Too: An Off-to-College Guide for Parents and Students: What Will Change, What Will Not, and How We'll Stay Connected by Margo E. Woodacre and Steffany Bane (2006)
- Almost Grown: Launching Your Child From High School to College by Patricia Pasick (1998)
- When Your Kid Goes to College: A Parent's Survival Guide by Carol Barkin (1999)
- Letting Go: A Parent's Guide to Understanding the College Years by Karen Levin Coburn and Madge Lawrence Treeger (2003)
- Don't Tell Me What to Do, Just Send Money by Helen E. Johnson and Christine Schelhas-Miller (2000)
- A Parent's Guide to Sex, Drugs, and Flunking Out: Answers to the Questions Your College Student Doesn't Want You to Ask by Joel Epstein (2001)