Our Campus: Latest Developments
Suffolk continuously invests in its students. We improve classroom facilities, expand student accommodations and services... and sometimes erect entirely new buildings right here in downtown Boston.
What We've Been Working on Lately
In the past five years, Suffolk University has:
- Centralized all student services in newly remodeled space on the fifth floor of 73 Tremont Street
- Built a new campus fitness center, featuring 5,800 square feet of free weights and circuit training equipment
- Converted space in the Sawyer Building into new facilities for Suffolk's Art & Design programs, including studio space, classrooms, and galleries
- Created the new Sullivan Studio Theatre in the Sawyer Building, which serves as a classroom, rehearsal space, and performance space for students in the Theatre program.
- Remodeled the entire fifth floor of Sargent Hall into a sleek new home for our graduate business school
- Remodeled student lounge spaces in the Sawyer Building as well as adjacent to the library in 73 Tremont Street
- Opened a new athletic facility for Suffolk Rams teams at East Boston Memorial Park, including softball and soccer playing fields
- Constructed a new 10-story building at 20 Somerset Street to house classrooms, science labs, media production facilities, and faculty offices