We are currently not offering CLEP.
For additional updates from The College Board on how Covid-19 may impact CLEP testing, visit the Coronavirus Updates from The College Board.
CLEP Exams Currently Offered
- American Government
- American Literature
- Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
- College Algebra
- College Mathematics
- College Composition**
- English Literature
- Financial Accounting*
- History of the United States I: Early Colonization to 1877
- History of the United States II: 1865 to the Present*
- Human Growth and Development*
- Information Systems*
- Introduction to Educational Psychology
- Introductory Business Law*
- Introductory Psychology
- Introductory Sociology
- Natural Sciences*
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Management*
- Principles of Marketing*
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Social Sciences & History
- Western Civilization I: Ancient Near East to 1648*
- Western Civilization II: 1648 to the Present*
**The College Composition exam is 120 minutes long, 30 minutes longer than other CLEP exams. Please plan accordingly.
***For Suffolk University students, the biology and chemistry CLEP exams each provide 6 credits - two semesters of a non-lab science. If you require a four-credit lab science, the remaining lab credits can be received by registering for and passing a semester of just the the lab course associated with the exam that you passed. Suffolk students who require a lab science and pass the biology or chemistry CLEP examination must speak with the biology or chemistry department prior to registering for the lab course. The registrar's office will not allow you to register for only the lab course without receiving special permission from the department first.
Note: Suffolk does not offer the College Composition Modular or any language CLEP exams.
To request a seat to take a CLEP exam or learn more about our CLEP test center, please contact:
Division of Student Success
73 Tremont St., 9th floor