Suffolk’s religious studies minor is an interdisciplinary program designed to give students the opportunity to explore world religions and examine the impact of religious ideas, dogmas, and practices on societies. You'll study both Western and non-Western cultures—from ancient civilizations to modern times—to expand your understanding of religious thought, human consciousness, and your own humanity.
As a student in Suffolk’s religious studies minor, you will:
- Develop your critical thinking skills
- Experience personal, religious, secular, and/or spiritual growth
- Learn methods for cross-cultural and comparative thinking
- Hone your writing and research skills
- Cultivate a global awareness and sensitivity to other cultures