Master of Science in Crime & Justice Studies
FULL-TIME | PART-TIME
This graduate program will help you challenge traditional thinking with new approaches to crime and justice. Our community-oriented curriculum is pragmatic and career-oriented, emphasizing crime's impact on communities, victims, and offenders.
You’ll get the tools you need to build a career in:
- Gender, Race & Social Justice
- Juvenile Justice
- Quantitative Analysis
- Victim Advocacy
- Court and Offender Services
MSCJS alumni have had successful careers at institutions such as the Massachusetts State Police, Department of Youth Services, Middlesex County Court, Massachusetts Department of Corrections, and Youth Options Unlimited. A more complete list of employers of our graduates can be found on the Graduate Student Opportunities page.
Cost of Graduate Study at Suffolk (2021-2022)
|Per Semester Rate||Per Credit Rate|
Financial Aid for Graduate Study
Suffolk University is pleased to offer merit-based financial aid to graduate students—these awards can be up to $14,750 per academic year. Merit-based aid is awarded based on the applicant's academic credentials presented on the admission application. No separate application is required for merit consideration.
MSCJS Program Overview
Full-time students often complete this degree program in three academic semesters. Please contact the Graduate Program Director for additional information about program timelines.
Fall Semester: July 15 (International Applicants), August 15 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
Spring Semester: December 1 (International Applicants), January 4 (Domestic Applicants), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed application
- $50 application fee (waived for students who visit campus)
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary education
- Goal statement (essay)
- Two letters of recommendation (Learn more)
- Unofficial transcripts of all post-secondary work. Admitted students enrolling in the program will need to have official transcripts, including proof of degree conferral, on file prior to their first class
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic scores (international students only)
View details about application materials required.
Courses & Requirements
Learn more about the classes, degree requirements, and different options available to complete the program.