International Undergraduate Students
The information on this page provides an overview of the immigration steps you can begin work on today. Take a look and contact our admissions staff with any questions you may have.
- Submit Confidential Declaration of Finances and a Bank Statement
Send the Certificate of Finances [PDF] and a bank statement to the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- Obtain an Immigration Document
Suffolk's International Student Services Office (ISSO) will issue your immigration document (I-20). This generally takes 2-3 weeks. The ISSO will mail this document via courier service to the address listed on your Suffolk application.
- Apply for a Student Visa
After you receive your I-20, you will be ready to apply for your U.S. visa. F-1 Visa application Instructions
- Fill out the Transfer Release Form [PDF]
If you are an incoming transfer student, this is an essential step.
Fall 2022 Timelines
- Undergraduate First-Year Students' Important Dates & Timeline
- Undergraduate Transfer Students' Important Dates & Timeline
- First-Year Students' Important Dates & Timelines
- Transfer Students' Important Dates & Timelines
- Additional Dates & Information for International Students
*Please remember to take the online math placement exam before attending orientation. Information about this placement exam will be emailed to you.