Housing Discrimination Testing Program
|Are you being discriminated against? ¿Está usted siendo víctima de discriminación? Você está sendo vítima de discriminação? 您是否正在遭受歧视？ Èske ou viktim diskriminasyon?||If you believe you have been discriminated against, CALL 617-884-7568 Si usted cree que ha sido discriminado, LLAME AL 617-884-7568 TTY users, please call the MA Relay Service at 1-800-439-2370|
Housing discrimination hurts communities. Denying individuals and families the opportunity to choose where to live based on factors such as race, disability, gender identity or membership in other protected classes means unequal access to health care, educational and economic opportunities, and many other important quality of life matters. Every qualified renter has the right to be fairly considered for tenancy and not denied opportunity because of an illegal discriminatory reason.
Suffolk Law's Housing Discrimination Testing Program (HDTP) is proud to be funded by grants from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Boston Foundation, and the Hyams Foundation to eliminate housing discrimination in the Boston metro area through testing, enforcement, education, and research.
The HDTP is:
- Conducting housing discrimination tests
- Handling enforcement cases with students in the Accelerator Practice and referring cases for enforcement elsewhere
- Conducting empirical studies of trends in housing discrimination
- Providing important evidence where individuals suspect they have been victims of discrimination
- Educating the community about their rights and responsibilities in the rental housing market, and
- Educating the next generation of civil rights lawyers.