Any student experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency should call 911 AND Suffolk University Police at 617-573-8111, or, go to your nearest hospital emergency room:
- Massachusetts General Hospital ER
55 Fruit Street, Boston (closest to campus)
- Tufts Medical Center ER
800 Washington Street (between Arlington+Stuart Streets), Boston
Students off-campus should call 911 or go to your nearest hospital emergency room.
Mental Health Emergencies
Any student experiencing a mental health emergency during business hours should come to CHW (73 Tremont Street, 5th Floor). Students with an urgent need to speak with a counselor during business hours should come to CHW between 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Telehealth visits for students located in Massachusetts can be arranged by calling CHW at 617-573-8226.
After hours, all students (regardless of location) have access to mental health professionals through ProtoCall, a nationally recognized mental health organization for college students. Counselors are on call to respond to urgent and/or crisis needs with students anytime CHW is closed. Students should call CHW’s main number 617-573-8226 to be connected to a counselor who can help.
- On-Campus: Call Suffolk University Police at 617-573-8111.
- Off-Campus: Call 911 or go to the nearest local emergency room.
Community Crisis Lines
- National Suicide and Crisis Hotline: Dial or text 988.
- Steve Fund (crisis text support for BIPOC students): Text “STEVE” to 741-741
- Trevor Project (LBGTQIA+ students): 866-488-7386 OR text “START” to 678-678
- Massachusetts Behavioral Health Help Line (BHHL): 833-773-2445
- Mobile Crisis Intervention for Students with MassHealth or Uninsured: 1-877-382-1609.