The Suffolk University Law Alumni Association Board of Directors connect fellow alumni with each other and Suffolk Law through social and business networking opportunities, and advance Suffolk Law by assisting with student and alumni career development, admissions outreach, and fundraising initiatives.
The Law Alumni Association Board is seeking new members with a start date of September 2019. Please submit your application by Friday, April 19, 2019.
A member of the Suffolk University Law School Alumni Board of Directors is elected to hold the position based on demonstrated involvement, support and commitment to the Suffolk University Law School. Alumni holding multiple degrees from Suffolk University may run for only one divisional directorship at a time.
In accepting the three-year appointment, an individual agrees to fulfill the responsibilities associated with Board membership which include but are not limited to:
1. Attending and participation in (in person or by telephone) scheduled meetings each academic year (meetings are typically scheduled quarterly).
2. Serving actively on committees.
3. Participating in the Annual Fund or one of the Law School's giving societies within the Annual Fund. Members are encouraged to join one of the leadership giving societies within SUMMA ($1,000 and up). It is crucial for the board to achieve 100% giving participation to model to alumni the importance of giving annually.
4. Being familiar with the programs and activities sponsored, organized, and coordinated by the Alumni Board and the Advancement/Alumni Office and participating in them to the extent possible, including major University and Law School events such as the annual Reunion Celebration & Alumni Awards Ceremony.
5. Seeking out and encouraging talented alumni for the Board and other alumni activities.
6. Assisting the University in identifying and involving alumni in areas such as student career development, admissions outreach and alumni engagement and fundraising initiatives.
7. Assisting the Law School and the Advancement/Alumni Office in identifying and implementing programming that will enhance the student and alumni experience at Suffolk University Law School - encouraging lifelong relationships with the Law School.
8. Being an ambassador and advocate of Suffolk University Law School.
Jonathan E. Schwartz, JD ’11
Timothy O. Wilkerson, JD '03
Pierce J. Haley, BSBA ’88, JD ’94
Christopher J. Abbott, JD ’12
Dahlia Ali, JD ’15
Tamela E. Bailey, JD ’04
Tierney M. Chadwick, JD ’03
Sean R. Higgins, JD ’03
Shiva Karimi, JD ’98
Rachel Kaprielian, JD ’00
Konstantinos Ligris, JD ’01
Janet A. Mesrobian, JD ’96
Sammy S. Nabulsi, JD ’14
Pavan R. Nagavelli, JD ’14
Thomas M. Sullivan, JD ’94
Ernst Guerrier, BS ’91, JD ’94
For more information, please email us.