Who We Are
Planning your first professional move? Or your next? You’ve got a team of 22 career experts in your corner.
No matter your major, degree or current job title, our staff will partner with you to help you prepare for and attain professional success.
And if you’ve already graduated, we’ll work with you on identifying and successfully landing your next professional opportunity. We’ll help you tap into the power of your unique identity and experiences, and show you how they can enhance your professional worth.
We believe every Suffolk student should engage in:
- Engaging in connected-career planning touchpoints throughout the student and alumni experience
- Planning with resilience and adaptability
- Developing unique plans based on a growing knowledge of oneself and one’s intended field
- Understanding how to identify, articulate, and translate skills from past experiences
- Speaking clearly and confidently about one’s own professional skills and aspirations
- Creating a unique, dynamic, and effective online professional presence
- Developing mentoring and sponsorship relationships while learning how to be an effective mentor
- Engaging frequently and purposefully with employers and alumni
- Gaining the knowledge, skills, and confidence to build and leverage a dynamic professional network
- Reflecting on one’s own social identities and their influence on one’s career journey
- Acquiring tools and resources to address systemic biases impacting one’s career journey
- Finding diverse professional perspectives throughout the career education experience
- Securing and learning from internships, especially in one’s intended field
- Engaging in external or client-based projects in one’s coursework
- Learning from engagement in paid employment, service, research, or other experiences
- Utilizing targeted job search support in one’s final semester and directly after graduation
- Transitioning effectively into the workplace as a new alum
- Leveraging the skills and habits required to change roles, jobs, and careers with intention