Job Shadowing Experience
Job shadowing is a valuable way to learn about careers and industries you may be considering, and provides an opportunity to expand your professional network.
Participants spend one half-day or one full day at a Boston area company hosted by a Suffolk University alum or employer partner. Shadowing experiences are offered both virtually and in-person (based on assigned host’s location and work modality). Depending on availability of hosts relevant to your interests, you may have the chance to visit more than one company during the academic year.
The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students from all class years and majors. Domestic and international students are eligible to participate. This is an unpaid experience, and there is no cost to apply or participate. No work authorization is required.
Job Shadowing at Suffolk
What will you gain from participating in the Job Shadowing Program?
- Learn what kinds of jobs are available in your field of interest and how to prepare for them
- Explore specific career paths you may want to pursue in the future
- Discover what expectations employers have
- See how organizations are run and what the pace of work is like
- Begin to develop networking skills and make new connections
- Make smart choices about electives, internships, minors, and other academic decisions
Sign Up For Job Shadowing
Information Sessions are held during both fall and spring semester, find them listed on our Events page and sign up for them in Handshake. Participants will receive more information about the application process at the information session.
Shadowing occurs during both fall and spring semesters. Students can apply to participate in more than one experience, although a match is not guaranteed for each cycle. There are three steps to applying:
- Apply online and select each program cycle for which you wish you to be considered
- Complete Orientation (materials will be sent via email after applying)
- Receive a Job Shadowing host assignment if there is a relevant match
|2023 - 2024 Program Cycles||Application Deadline|
|October - January||September 29|
|November - January||November 7|
|February - May||January 31
|March - May||March 6|
Questions? Contact us via email.