The Career Center strives to be a welcoming center for all. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that empowers you while building and navigating your career plan. Our responsibility is to support you in negotiating a diverse and competitive global job market with confidence, awareness of social identities, and strong career-readiness competence.
As a staff representing different cultures and identities, we are mindful that achieving diversity, equity, and inclusion is an ongoing process—one that requires the collective efforts of all Suffolk community members in the ways we live and learn.
We acknowledge that—due to racism, xenophobia, misogyny, homophobia, ableism, and other forms of systemic oppression and organizational structures that perpetuate such attitudes—not everyone has equal access and opportunity to social capital and professional networks.
We develop programs and resources to aid underrepresented and minoritized students and alums in achieving career success. Our work is centered on providing a robust career education that empowers domestic and international students to leverage effective strategies for securing internships, jobs, experiential learning opportunities, research positions, and continued academic scholarship.
Our entire team shares a commitment to embody this statement in our work. We welcome your inquiries and will support you in identifying resources. As a demonstration of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, our director of career equity and access leads the development and implementation of proactive initiatives.
As a career center, we endeavor to collaborate with all Suffolk students and alums in making their goals a reality, regardless of different abilities, ages, colors, creeds, cultures, races, ethnicity, family models, gender identities, gender expressions, health statuses, nationalities, political views, religions, spiritual or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientations, socioeconomic statuses, educational backgrounds, and veteran statuses.
We believe that it is essential for every Suffolk student and alum to develop intercultural and inclusive communication practices in order to achieve maximum effectiveness in the global workplace.
We commit to the following objectives:
- Provide opportunities for students and alums to engage with employers who are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion–focused hiring practices and ensuring inclusive workplaces
- Offer career development resources that represent the needs and identities of all members of the Suffolk community
- Develop education on equity and access with employers, community members, and other career-related partners who work with Suffolk students and alums
- Ensure diverse representation in our programs and events to reflect our community’s intersecting experiences, identities, and abilities
- Grow our network of mentors through the RAMP and Job shadow programs
- Encourage and welcome students to create and modify individualized career plans