Personal Property

Compensation for loss or damage to personal property on campus or while participating in University programs is not a University responsibility. Individuals desiring such protection must make arrangements for the necessary coverage at their own expense.

Students Living in University Housing

The University provides personal property and liability insurance for residence students as follows:

Student Personal Property Coverage – is provided for theft, accidental damage and all risks of direct physical damage to covered property from any external cause or event, subject to exclusions and limitations noted in the policy. The provided limit is $3,000 with a $50 deductible.

Student Liability Coverage provides a limit of $100,000 per occurrence with no deductible for bodily injury and arising out of acts or omissions of the named insured (student) at the resident property. This insurance will be primary to any existing homeowners insurance. Information will be provided separate from this document with policy details and claim filing instruction.

Personal property left after the student has vacated the room will be considered abandoned and will be discarded.

Information about personal property and liability insurance.