Career Ambassadors are undergraduate peer educators, providing support and one-on-one guidance about career readiness and professional development. They are trained to understanding the key competencies employers are looking for, and to help students incorporate those skill when articulating their professional value via resumes and cover letters. Career Ambassadors connect students with programs and events happening in the Career Center, specifically within the Career Communities, and have a strong knowledge of professional development opportunities within their own academic departments.
Become a Career Ambassador!
The Career Center is hiring student Career Ambassadors to join us for the 2022-2023 academic year. As the Center grows and expands, we are looking for students who demonstrate and want to continue to learn best practices in professional development and sharing that knowledge with their peers and the Suffolk community! This is a great opportunity for students to gain great insight, knowledge, and opportunities that will help them reach their own professional goals.
Applications are due no later than March 25th at 10:00pm. All questions can be emailed to Kerrie Aborn.
Drop in to meet with a Career Ambassador for help writing resumes and/or cover letters or to have a conversation about career options.
Mondays-Fridays: 12:30 - 1:45pm, Career Center, 73 Tremont, 9th Fl
Mondays-Wednesdays: 5:00 - 7:00pm, 73 Tremont, Sawyer Library
CAs can be requested for classroom or student organization presentations about:
- Resume & Cover Letter Writing
- Basics of a Student LinkedIn Profile
- Maximizing the Potential of Handshake and Career Center Resources
- Professional Development Best Practices In their own major or intended industry.
To request a CA, contact Erika Graves.
Our Spring 2022 Career Ambassadors
- Alejandra Leiva, 2022, Psychology
- Alexandra Edinak, 2022, Accounting
- Ryan Inchaustegui, 2022, Marketing
- Sydney Carter, 2022, Law
- Yasi Diaz Rivera, 2022, Psychology
- Angela El Jazzar, 2023, Business Economics
- Dhanai Gjini, 2023, Biology
- Isabel Baynum, 2022, Political Science
- Sarah Wach, 2023, Law
- Talia Ferraro, 2023, Advertising & Public Relations
- Anna Plumb, 2024, Entrepreneurship
- Caitlyn Green, 2024, Media & Film
- Cristina Castillo, 2024, Marketing
- Godfred Afeghera, 2023, Global Business, Entrepreneurship
- Grace Laverriere, 2023, Broadcast Journalism
- Kathryn Winans, 2023, Political Science
- Luz Pimentel, 2023, Global Business & Marketing
- Madelyn Birtwell, 2023, Biology
- Oceane Bayala, 2024, Business Economics