Master of Science in Accounting (MSA)
FULL-TIME | PART-TIME
While earning your MSA at Suffolk, you’ll:
- Earn your degree in as few as 9 months (full-time) or 21 months (part-time)
- Learn from industry experts who are either practitioners or accomplished scholars
- Study from a curriculum that is guided by the cutting-edge industry practices identified by our Young Alumni Advisory Board
- Take courses that integrate Becker's CPA Exam Review Course, giving you supplemental material to help you ace your classes while also preparing you for success on the CPA exam.
- Specialize in areas like Business Analysis and Reporting, Information Systems and Controls, and Tax Compliance and Planning
Suffolk’s MSA is designed for those who have a background in accounting as well as those who don't. You’ll pursue one of three unique tracks to best suit your career goals. Take courses based on your schedule. You also have the option to take classes back-to-back in one evening or online on a space-available basis for added flexibility.
MSA Program Overview
Suffolk's Master's in Accounting
For more than 30 years, our graduate accounting programs have been preparing students for the CPA and CMA exams.
Why Get a CPA?
Accountants who hold their CPA license earn 10%-15% more annually than those without the licensure. In fact, the average salary of a US-based CPA is $119,000 per year, excluding bonuses, according to the Journal of Accountancy.
Our program has received Level-1 status from the MA Board of Public Accountancy, and is 1 of only 182 institutions worldwide to have an international supplemental accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
As the only Accounting program in Boston with this unique supplemental accreditation, our students are automatically eligible to sit for the CPA exam without having to submit their transcripts for verification and are not subject to a waiting period.
If you’re a senior working towards an undergraduate business degree or a recent graduate, you may qualify to earn your Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) in as few as 9 months, or your MSA/MSF or MSBA/MSA in as few as 16 months. Learn more about our 4+1 programs.