Master of Science in Accounting (MSA)
FULL-TIME | PART-TIME
While earning your MSA at Suffolk, you’ll:
- Learn from industry experts who are each a mix of practitioners and accomplished scholars
- Study from a curriculum that aligns with professional practice
- Have access to Wiley CPAexcel—the top-rated CPA review system, in order to prepare you for your CPA Exam in as few as 9 months
- Take courses based on your schedule, either online or in person, thanks to our flexible program structure
Suffolk’s MSA is designed for those who have a background in accounting as well as those who don't, so the length of the program depends on your level of experience. Whether you plan on sitting for the CPA exam or are looking for a new skill, Suffolk’s MSA gives you options for long-term career growth.
MSA Program Overview
Suffolk's Master's in Accounting
For more than 25 years, our graduate accounting programs have been preparing students for the CPA and CMA exams. A Suffolk MSA will ensure you graduate well-prepared to sit for the CPA exam. Our MSA courses are practical, industry-driven, and have received Level-1 status with the MA Board of Public Accountancy. Plus, you'll have top-rated comprehensive CPA review software integrated into your courses.
Develop your analytical skills further and gain the professional expertise that top firms demand by choosing one of the four concentrations within the Suffolk MSA program. Each of these help you gain the skills and knowledge to distinguish you from the pack with a future-focused skill set.
Learn to design databases, retrieve data from business processes, visualize and analyze results, and communicate solutions.
Gain an understanding of the motivations, opportunities, and rationalizations that facilitate fraudulent behavior. Learn how to detect, investigate, and prevent financial-related fraud.
Corporate Accounting & Finance
Learn how to interpret the world around you through numbers and be prepared for careers that influence corporations’ internal operations.
Governmental & Not-for-Profit Accounting
Acquire knowledge in the unique accounting principles, financial reporting structures, budget controls, program planning, and management controls in not-for-profit organizations and governmental units.
Our 4+1 programs are just as flexible, practice-oriented, and network-driven as our undergraduate programs, but you earn your advanced degree at an accelerated rate. If you’re a senior working towards an undergraduate business degree or a recent graduate, you may qualify to earn your Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) or in Taxation (MST) in as few as 9 months, or your MSA/MST, MSA/MSF, or MSBA/MSA in as few as 16 months. Learn more about our 4+1 programs.
- Have access to business leaders at top firms and companies during and after your studies, thanks to Suffolk’s accomplished faculty and extensive alumni networks
- Take classes when they’re most convenient to your busy life, even in the evening or online
- Finish your advanced degree sooner, and get more real-world experience to land that top job or internship while you’re at it
Applying to Suffolk's MSA Program
Fall Semester: March 15 (priority), then rolling
Spring Semester: October 15 (priority), then rolling
Summer Semester: April 1 (priority), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary education
- Goal statement (essay)
- Letter of recommendation (Learn more)
- The GMAT/GRE is not required for the MSA but may be required for the MBA/MSA, MSBA/MSA, or MSA/MSF dual-degree programs
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic scores (international students only)
Cost of Graduate School at Suffolk
|Tuition (2018-2019) Full-time, per semester||$21,990|
|Cost Per Credit (2018-2019) For part-time students||$1,466|
|% of Students Receiving Financial Aid per year||75%|
|Average Financial Aid Awarded per year||$24,137|
Advising & Other Resources
Suffolk University offers graduate students—incoming, current, and alumni—help with navigating financial aid and payments, searching for career opportunities, and building a strong professional network. Our Graduate Student Services team supports you every step of the way with various services including application advising, financial aid counseling, international student resources, and other resources such as the Career Development Center or the Center for Learning and Academic Success. We also offer you value-added professional development workshops to bolster your experiential education and other professional skills while studying at Suffolk University.
"Suffolk's MSA gave me an excellent foundation in accounting. I was prepared to take the CPA exam upon graduation and felt well prepared for a career in public accounting."