Master of Business Administration (MBA)
FULL-TIME | PART-TIME | ONLINE
While earning your MBA at Suffolk, you’ll:
- Learn from industry experts who are each a mix of practitioners and accomplished scholars
- Study from a curriculum that aligns with professional practice
- Participate in flash consulting projects, business simulations and interactive discussions with industry experts
- Get first-hand exposure to global business practices with one of the MBA’s travel seminars
Suffolk’s comprehensive MBA program uniquely balances business expertise and immersive learning by teaching you how to take on business challenges, drive innovative solutions, and integrate your functional skills into entrepreneurial enterprises. Learn how to anticipate and respond to client needs. While at Suffolk, you'll work collaboratively in dynamic environments and develop your professional network through faculty and alumni.
MBA Program Overview
Suffolk’s MBA is built to help you develop intellectual agility, analytical thinking, and the leadership skills that employers seek. You'll gain more than just business knowledge—you'll help real companies solve real problems in real time. With this emphasis on practical experience you learn how to adapt to dynamic work environments, generate innovative business practices, and lead others effectively.
- Best Business Schools 2020 list, The Princeton Review
- Top 10 Business Schools with Most Women, U.S. News & World Report 2017
- #3 in Best MBA Programs, Lawyers Weekly Reader Rankings, 2018
- Tier One Global Online MBA Rankings 2020 CEO Magazine
Develop your analytical skills further and gain the professional expertise that top companies require by choosing one of the concentrations within the Suffolk MBA program. Available concentrations include Business Intelligence, Health-Sector Management, Marketing Research, Supply Chain Management, and more
Advising & Other Resources
Suffolk University offers graduate students—incoming, current, and alumni—help with navigating financial aid and payments, searching for career opportunities, and building a strong professional network. Our Graduate Student Services team supports you every step of the way with various services including application advising, financial aid counseling, international student resources, and other resources such as the Career Development Center or the Center for Learning and Academic Success. We also offer you value-added professional development workshops to bolster your experiential education and other professional skills while studying at Suffolk University.
Applying to Suffolk's MBA Program
Fall Semester: April 15 (priority), then rolling
Spring Semester: October 15 (priority), then rolling
Summer Semester: April 1 (priority), then rolling
Learn about the advantages of priority applications.
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee (waived for students who visit campus)
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary education
- Goal statement (essay)
- 2-minute video essay in response to a prompt (Instructions and the prompt will be provided in the application)
- One letter of recommendation (Two letters required if candidate has less than 1 year of work experience. Learn more.)
- GMAT/GRE is NOT required
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic scores (international students only)
- Work Experience -
Equivalent of one year professional full-time work experience. (Work experience does not need to be business-based and can include teaching, military service, or government experience).
Part-time employment can be considered as fraction of full-time employment and may be cumulated to total the equivalent of 1 year. Internships can be considered but must equal 1 year.
Cost of Graduate School at Suffolk
Full-Time, per year
|Cost Per Credit (2020-2021)
For Part-Time students
Financial Aid for Graduate Study
Suffolk University is pleased to offer both merit- and need-based financial aid to graduate students—these awards can be up to $23,000 per academic year. Merit-based aid is awarded based on the applicant's academic credentials presented on the admission application. No separate application is required for merit consideration.
Courses & Requirements
Learn more about the classes, requirements, and different options available to complete the program.
MBA Information Request
MBA or Executive MBA: Which is Right for You?
MBA Program Director Jodi Detjen and EMBA Program Director Tammy MacLean discuss the highlights, structure, real-world learning opportunities, and benefits of both programs. Learn which program is the right choice for you and your career goals.Download video transcript [PDF]