Maintenance Requests


All routine maintenance requests should be reported to the residence hall building office or to an RA. Students should make the request in writing and provide their name and ID number with the request.

Students should be very specific about the nature of the request. Students should immediately report any emergency facilities issues such as floods, loss of total power, and heating/air conditioning issues as follows:

  • During business hours: Monday - Friday from 9 a.m.- 6 p.m. to the building office in your residence hall
  • After normal business hours and on weekends and holidays, please contact SUPD at 617.573.8111 or by visiting the security desk at the residence hall entrance.

Examples of routine requests include light-bulb replacement, minor air conditioning/heating concerns, clogged toilets, lock or key problems, furniture adjustment, and blown fuses. Work orders are reviewed on a daily basis. Students may submit requests via email to reslife or by visiting the residence hall offices.